Welcome to SmartDrive U – an online Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Program (Defensive Driving – BASIC) for drivers enrolled in post-secondary education. The prerequisite for this course is:
- Student must already hold a VALID state issued Driver License/Permit
If you encounter a problem during your SmartDrive U learning program – can get assistance by contacting SmartDrive by:
- Text a message to the Helpline at 302-463-6543
- Call the Helpline at 888-553-6543
- Sending an email to email@example.com
When you contact SmartDrive for help – you must be able to provide the following information:
- Your full name as it appears on your state issued Driver License/Permit
- The license number as it appears on your state issued Driver License/Permit
- The license date of issue as it appears on your state issued Driver License/Permit
The BASIC Certification course will require a minimum of six hours (360 minutes) to complete.
The BASIC Certification course is presented in three (3) classes, each requiring a minimum of two hours (120 minutes) of engagement.
When you have completed each lesson quiz – you will see a certificate notification. That notification will allow you to download your Texas Roadhouse reward coupon –
- Lesson 1 – A FREE Appetizer with purchase of an entree
- Lesson 2 – A FREE Cheeseburger – no additional purchase required
- Lesson 3 – A FREE Entree – no additional purchase required
After your driver license information is confirmed with the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles, a Course Completion Certificate will be sent to you as an email attachment. You may then download, print and present your certificate to your motor vehicle insurance provider to gain any available discounts for completion of a BASIC defensive driving course.
In Delaware, state law (opens in a new tab) mandates a minimum 10% discount for drivers completing state-certified courses, including SmartDrive U.
IMPORTANT NOTE NON-DELAWARE LICENSE HOLDERS: Students holding driver licenses from states other than Delaware will be issued a course completion certificate – however no reporting will be made to your issuing state driver records agency. Many insurance companies accept the certificate as proof of having completed a BASIC defensive driving course. Please check with your insurer for their acceptance.